System Leader Recruitment
Local Specialist Teacher (LSTs)
Local Specialist Teachers (LSTs) are exceptional practitioners who, within their own schools, have experience of supporting others in developing their practice. They are teachers who have been nominated by their Headteachers because of their high quality work in school. They have a range of knowledge and skills related to their own areas of expertise which can help schools to drive improvement, linked to the Teacher's Standards. LSTs' knowledge of subject areas and classroom practice is up to date and they will build relationships with colleagues to ensure that every effort is made to act on feedback and demonstrate impact.
The role of the Local Specialist Teacher is to:
- Support the development of classroom practice
- Work with individuals or small groups to develop understanding of teaching and learning and support them to impact on standards by sharing knowledge and expertise of what works well in the classroom
- Engage in action research to enhance their own practice and inform others
- Engage in the delivery of CPD across local schools
- Gain further experience by working across schools
Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
While other roles (for example, advanced skills teachers) focused on developing classroom expertise, this role is about developing other leaders so that they have the skills to lead their own teams and improve practice in their own schools.
You should contact an SLE if you want to improve the leadership in a specific subject or specialist area in your school.
SLEs can provide one-to-one or group support. Their work could involve a variety of activities, such as:
- data analysis
- facilitating and training
- joint action planning
SLE specialisms cover the 4 areas of focus for Ofsted:
- Leadership and management
- Pupil achievement
- Quality of teaching
- Behaviour and safety
SLE Application information
- LTSA guidance SLEs
- LTSA SLE application guidance
- SLE application guidance
- SLE application form Please complete and return to email@example.com
Local Leaders of Education (LLEs)
LLEs provide a range of school-to-school support and coaching and mentoring for Headteachers. Linwood TSA is working with our regional TSA partners to develop a local offer for LLEs, please check later for further developments.
National Leaders of Governance (NLGs)
National Leaders of Governance usually work with schools identified as being in need of significant improvement by the Department for Education, Ofsted, a teaching school, a regional schools commissioner or a local authority.
National Leaders of Education (NLEs)
As a Teaching School Alliance we are looking to recruit experienced Headteachers as they move to supporting and challenging schools other than their own through the NLE role.